Youth Red Cross
“The Youth Red Cross” is the most important constituent of its mother organization, Indian Red Cross. It is a group movement organized at the initial stages for students between 18 and 25 years of age within the colleges. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management. The Youth Red Cross Unit of MEASI Institute of Management is an affiliated to Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu Branch which was established at the beginning of the academic year 2016 – 2017.
Principles Of Youth Red Cross
- Protection of health and life
- Service to the sick and suffering.
- Promotion of National and International friendship
- To develop the mental and moral capacities of the Youth.
Seven Fundamental Principles Of Youth Red Cross Unit
- Voluntary service
MOTTO: THE POWER OF YOUTH TOWARDS MANKIND
Objectives Of Youth Red Cross Unit
- To create an awareness on the care of their own health and of others
- To understand and to accept of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern to fulfil the same.
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination
- Encourage community service through training and education
- Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals.